Tool and Die Maker
The Tool and Die Maker is responsible for fabrication and repair of precision tools and metal stamping dies from sketches, blueprints, and CAD specifications. They will be setting up and operate milling, lathe, and grinding machines. Metal heat treatment/tempering per specifications.
- Monday-Thursday | 6:00am-4:30pm
- Potential for overtime
- Team Incentive Program
- Measure dimensions of completed products or workpieces to verify conformance to specifications
- Review blueprints or other instructions to determine operational methods or sequences
- Fabricate tooling, form and progressive stamping dies, machine parts, jigs, fixtures, etc. from blueprints following tolerances indicated
- Set pyrometer controls of heat-treating furnaces and feed or place parts, tools, or assemblies into furnaces to harden
- Blanking, Piercing, and Draw calculation
- Experience working with a wide range of materials such as aluminum, steel, and Teflon
- Design templates and jigs to use as work aids for convenient fabrication of products and parts
- Set up and operate mill, lathe, drill press, surface grinder, hydraulic press, lifting devices
- Hand and machine tap holes
- Calculate dimensions of workpieces, products, or equipment
- Inspection of tools, dies, equipment, production parts, etc.
- Utilize hand and machine tools to assemble, repair or modify machine tools, dies, gauges, jigs, and fixtures.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems of manually operated dies and progressive dies
- Conduct test runs of production equipment
- Smooth metal surfaces or edges
- Measure materials to mark reference points, cutting lines or other indicators
- Interface with internal customers and work with team members to solve problems during the production process
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Formal education (2-year degree, Apprenticeship or equivalent) and 3+ years of experience in the tool and die trade. Equivalent education is long term experience in the trade in place of formal education
- Heat treatment of Tool Steel
- Good technical and mathematical skills including algebra and trigonometry
- CNC equipment operation, programming, and CAD experience a plus
Health & Safety Factors
- Job tasks require physical ability to stand, walk, and perform repetitive motions, for extended periods of time in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be capable of performing to the criteria presented in the position’s Job Analysis, including requirements for frequent lifting, pulling, and pushing parts, components, or materials that vary in weight. Some tasks may require assistance of other persons and/or mechanical devices.
- Must comply with all Health & Safety policies and regulations, including use and care of Personal Protective Equipment.
- This position is deemed safety-sensitive
We offer an excellent benefit package including Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401K and a Team Incentive Plan.Apply Now