Last updated November 3, 2020
This notice explains our practices, including your choices, regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of certain data, including your personal information, by H.E. Williams, Inc. and our subsidiaries (HEW) in connection with use of our services.
This privacy notice applies to all information collected through our website hew.com (the "Website"), and more generally, use any of our services (the "Services", which include the Website) as well as, any related services, sales, marketing or events.
Collection of Information
We receive and store information about you such as:
- Information you provide to us, including: your name, email address, job title, address or postal code, and telephone number. We collect this information in a number of ways, including when you enter it while using our Services, interact with our customer service, or participate in marketing promotions;
- Information collected automatically, including: Your IP address, browser and device characteristics, and interactions with our Services.
Use of Information
We use information to provide, analyze, administer, enhance and personalize our services and marketing efforts and to communicate with you on these and other topics. For example, we use such information to:
- Deliver and facilitate delivery of services to the user. We may use your information to provide you with the requested service.
- Respond to user inquiries/offer support to users. We may use your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the use of our Services.
- Send you marketing and promotional communications. We may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time using the link in the footer of our email communications.
- Display targeted advertising to you. We may use your information to develop and display personalized content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness.
- Request feedback. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Website.
- Administer prize draws and competitions. We may use your information to administer prize draws and competitions when you elect to participate in our competitions.
- Post testimonials. We post testimonials on our Website that may contain personal information. Prior to posting a testimonial, we will obtain your consent to use your name and the content of the testimonial.
- Manage user accounts. We may use your information for the purposes of managing your account and keeping it in working order.
Disclosure of Information
We disclose your information for certain purposes as described below:
- Vendors, Consultants and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third-party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the Website, which will enable them to collect data on our behalf about how you interact with our Website over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content, pages or features, and better understand online activity. We do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
- Affiliates. We may share your information with our affiliates, in which case we will require those affiliates to honor this privacy notice. Affiliates include our parent company and any subsidiaries, joint venture partners or other companies that we control or that are under common control with us.
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
We may disclose your information with third parties including:
- Advertising, Direct Marketing, and Lead Generation: Bing Ads, Google AdSense, HubSpot CRM and Salesforce Sales Cloud
- Retargeting Platforms: Facebook Custom Audience, Facebook Remarketing, Google Ads Remarketing, Google Analytics Remarketing and LinkedIn Website Retargeting
- Social Media Sharing and Advertising: Facebook advertising and LinkedIn advertising
- Web and Mobile Analytics: Google Analytics, HubSpot Analytics, Google Tag Manager and Facebook Analytics
To learn more about how google uses your information from our site, visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Cookies are small data files that are commonly stored on your device when you browse and use websites and online services. Web beacons (also known as clear gifs or pixel tags) often work in conjunction with cookies. In many cases, declining cookies will impair the effectiveness of web beacons associated with those cookies.
We use these types of technologies for various reasons, like making it easy to access our services by remembering you when you return; to provide, analyze, understand and enhance the use of our services; to enforce our terms, prevent fraud; to improve site performance, monitor visitor traffic and actions on our site; and to deliver and tailor our marketing or advertising, and to understand interactions with our emails, marketing, and online ads on third party sites.
- Essential cookies: These cookies are strictly necessary to provide our website or online service. For example, we and our Service Providers may use these cookies to authenticate and identify our members when they use our websites and applications so we can provide our service to them. They also help us to prevent fraud and maintain the security of our service.
- Performance and functionality cookies: These cookies help us to customize and enhance your online experience with our Services. For example, they help us to remember your recently viewed products. Deletion of these types of cookies may result in limited functionality of our service.
- Third-party cookies: Third parties (external to our Services) may also store cookies on your computer during your visit to our Website. These indirect cookies are used for analytic and tracking information (such as popular pages, conversion rates, viewing patterns, click-through and other information) about our visitors' use of our Services so that we can enhance and personalize our website and service and conduct market research.
- Advertising cookies and resettable device identifiers: These cookies and resettable device identifiers use information about your use of this and other websites and apps, your response to ads and emails, and to deliver ads that are more relevant to you. These types of ads are called "interest-based advertising." The advertising cookies associated with our service belong to our Service Providers.
In connection with our use of these technologies, advertising technology companies that we use to purchase, deliver, optimize, and/or measure our advertisements (collectively “Advertising Partners”), may receive limited information from us as part of our campaign targeting, measurement, and optimization.
Common uses of this type of information are to judge the effectiveness of and optimize ad campaigns, by allowing Advertising Partners to see when someone who saw an ad later visited our website.
Information Retention, Storage, and Safety
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize such information.
Personal Information we maintain may be stored in or outside of the United States. If you live outside of the United States, you understand and agree that we may transfer your personal information to the United States. Our Services are intended for use in the United States and is subject to the laws of the United States, which may not provide the same level of protections as those in your own country.
We use reasonable administrative, logical, physical and managerial measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized access, use and modification. These measures are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risks of processing your personal information. Unfortunately, no measures can be guaranteed to provide 100% security. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
Our Services may contain links to other third-party sites that are not governed by this Policy. This includes third party sites that offer continuing education courses or other resources and content which you can access through our Services. If you click on a link to a third-party site, you will be taken to a site we do not control. We are not responsible for the privacy practices used by third party sites. We suggest that you read the privacy policies of those sites carefully. We are not responsible for these third-party sites.
Children Under 18
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Website, you represent that you are at least 18. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we may have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
Choices Regarding Your Information
You have certain choices about how we use your personal information. Certain choices you make are browser and device specific.
- Cookies and similar technologies: Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Website.
- Do Not Track Features: Some browsers have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to those signals. If you block cookies, certain features on our sites may not work. If you block or reject cookies, not all of the tracking described here will stop.
California Privacy Notice
We are required under CCPA to tell you which categories of California Consumer Personal Information we collect, and which of these categories we disclose for "business purposes" or for "sale" purposes as these terms are defined under CCPA.
In the past 12 months, we have collected the following categories of California Consumer Personal Information: identifiers; categories of personal information described in subdivision (e) of Section 1798.80; characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law; commercial information; internet or other electronic network activity information; professional or employment-related information; non-public education information; and inferences drawn from the categories in this paragraph.
We may disclose any of the above categories of California Consumer Personal Information for "business purposes" as this term is defined in CCPA.
As of the date of this Policy, we do not knowingly "sell" California Consumer Personal Information as this term is defined in CCPA.
How we may collect, use and share California Consumer Personal Information:
- We may collect California Consumer Personal Information as described in the "Collection of Information” section of this Policy. We may also collect your personal information if you provide it to us during a trade show or other in-person event
- We may use the California Consumer Personal Information we collect as described in the "Use of Information" section of this Policy.
- We may share California Consumer Personal Information we collect as described in the "Disclosure of Information" section of this Policy.
Subject to certain exclusions included in CCPA, and as relevant to our operations, California residents may exercise the rights listed below. We may take steps to verify your identity, as permitted or required under CCPA, before we process your request. Verification may include asking you to provide information about yourself that we can match against information already in our possession.
- Deletion. This means that you can request that we delete any personal information about you which we have collected from you.
- Notice. This means that you can request that we disclose the categories of personal information we have collected about you; the categories of sources from which such personal information is collected; the categories of personal information we have "sold" or disclosed for a business purpose; the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was "sold" or disclosed for a business purpose; and the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you in the last 12 months.
- Equal prices and services. This means that we are prohibited from discriminating against you if you exercise your rights under CCPA.
Agents that you have authorized to act on your behalf may also submit CCPA requests as instructed below. The agent must also provide evidence that they have your written permission to submit a request on your behalf. If we are unable to verify the authenticity of a request, we may ask you for more information or may deny the request.
California residents who wish to exercise their rights under this section can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate you are a California resident making a "CCPA" request.
Cal. Civ. Code 1798.83 (the "Shine the Light" law) grants our California resident customers the right to ask us one time each year if we have shared personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make a request, please send us an email at email@example.com. Please indicate that you are a California resident making a "California Shine the Light" inquiry.
Nevada Privacy Notice
If you are a Nevada resident, under Privacy and Security of Personal Information Chapter of the Nevada Revised Statutes Section 603A ("603A"), you have the right to submit a verified request to us, directing us not to make any sale of certain personal information that we have collected or will collect about you. As of the date of this Policy, we do not knowingly engage in the "sale" of personal information of Nevada residents. This statement is based on our understanding of how the term "sale" is defined under 603A as of the date of this Policy. However, Nevada residents who wish to exercise their rights under this section can send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate you are a Nevada resident making a "Nevada Opt-Out" request.
For questions specifically about this Privacy Statement, or our use of your personal information, cookies or similar technologies, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by post to:
H.E. Williams, Inc.
831 West Fairview Ave.
Carthage, MO 64836
The data controller of your personal information is H.E. Williams, Inc. Please note that if you contact us to assist you, for your safety and ours we may need to authenticate your identity before fulfilling your request.
Changes in Policy
From time to time, we may change our Policy. We will notify you of any material changes to our Policy as required by law. We will also post an updated copy on our Website.